Please explore this collection of resources from OpenTEAM partners and other external sources.
The OpenTEAM community views agriculture as a shared human endeavor with the goal of providing everyone with the best possible, site-specific, and data-driven agricultural knowledge to improve soil health. Increasing carbon sequestration, water infiltration, and ultimately creating a more resilient agriculture starts with improving soil health.
- NRCS: Soil Health
- Soil Health Institute
- Soil Carbon Coalition
- NACD Soil Health Champions Network
- NE Cover Crops Council
- Gold Standard for the Global Goals – Land Use Forests Activity Requirements
- Gold Standard for the Global Goals – Soil Organic Carbon Framework Methodolgy.pdf
- Gold Standard for the Global Goals – Guidelines for the Development of SOC Activity A component or module is a discrete portion of a tool that has a particular function. Components can be assembled in dif….pdf
- Methodology Webinar
Field Methods and Protocols
OpenTEAM utilizes a suite of Open source is a publicly accessible software design that can be modified and shared by multiple users. This allows the … technologies that offers digital management records, field-level carbon measurement, remote sensing, predictive analytics, as well as input and economic management decision support in a connected platform.
- Tech Preview recording – A 45 minute webinar highlighting how LandPKS, SurveyStack, and FarmOS is integrated into OpenTEAM’s platform.
- The Land-Potential Knowledge System (LandPKS) is a simple free and open source software tool and mobile application deve… – A planning and management tool to collect, share, and interpret soil, vegetation cover, and management data.
- Our-Sci – A collaborative research platform that utilizes open source tools to create customizable surveys, collect data, and report and share results.
- A free and open-source web-based farm management and record keeping system that also provides a platform for the creatio… – A free and open-source web-based farm management, planning, and record keeping system.
- Quick Carbon is a growing academic research initiative and protocol for rapidly assessing soil carbon contents across la… – A growing academic research initiative and protocol for rapidly assessing soil carbon contents across landscapes.
- COMET Farm – A tool to support conservation scenario analysis and greenhouse gas inventories at the farm level for cropland, grazing lands, livestock, forestry, and agroforestry.
- The Cool Farm Tool is an online calculator that enables farmers to measure their greenhouse gas emissions, and understan… – An online calculator that enables farmers to measure their greenhouse gas emissions, and understand mitigation options for agricultural production.
- Dagan – Utilizes satellite data and soil process models to deliver accurate, low-cost, and accessible soil health insights to agricultural stakeholders to support sustainable farming practices worldwide.
- Heartland – A science and technology group devoted to solving technical challenges by engaging in scientific research and engineering development.
- In-Depth Web Series – Hosted by Gathering for Open Agriculture Technology (GOAT), this web series of 29 videos, and counting, highlights organizations working on open ag software and hardware.
Open source is a publicly accessible software design that can be modified and shared by multiple users. This allows the … software development is centered around transparency, collaboration, inclusivity, and community. OpenTEAM collaborates with a number of open source communities.
- The Global Open Science Hardware (GOSH) movement seeks to reduce barriers between diverse creators and users of scientif… (GOSH)
- Gathering for Open Agricultural Technology (GOAT)
- Farm Hack is a community of collaborators interested in developing and sharing open-source tools for resilient agricultu… More
Building upon participatory action research, OpenTEAM utilizes a Human-centered design is a design and management framework that develops solutions to problems by involving the human pe… approach to receive and implement feedback and support improvements to our suite of technologies.
The OpenTEAM community is made up of a diversity of global farms and ranches that includes OpenTEAM Hubs will serve as a primary testing ground for the OpenTEAM platform, and their experience and feedback will i… farms and supply chain stakeholders.
- Caney Fork Farm
- Paicines Ranch
- General Mills
- Michigan State University’s Global Change Learning Lab
- University of British Columbia’s Center for Sustainable Food Systems
- Quivira Coalition
- Pennsylvania Association for Sustainable Agriculture
- ALUS Canada
- Million Acre Challenge
- Mad Agriculture
- Soil Health Partnership
- Organic Valley
The OpenTEAM Community connects participants within its network to ecosystem service market initiatives to offer interested community members with direct access to the carbon marketplace and the organizations that have grown the knowledge-base surrounding emissions trading.
OpenTEAM is committed to providing the Open source is a publicly accessible software design that can be modified and shared by multiple users. This allows the … community with access to timely agricultural data and strives to cultivate an equitable and safe online space for data sharing. OpenTEAM provides guidelines for data ownership and use to ensure the privacy of everyone in our community.
OpenTEAM is a collaborative network supporting the emergence and continued viability of a global food system that is a resilient driver of healthy soil, healthy food for all, and racial equity to support thriving communities.
- 2017 Census of Agriculture, USDA
- Black Farmers in America, 1865 – 2000, The Pursuit of Independent Farming and the Role of Cooperatives
- Who Owns the Land? Agricultural Land Ownership by Race/Ethnicity. Jess Gilbert, Spencer Wood, Gwen Sharp
- Spatial Supermarket Redlining by Mengyao Zhang and Gohosh Debarchana
- Business Case for Racial Equity W.K. Kellogg Foundation
- Food Solutions New England Racial Equity Challenge
- Facts: Racial Economic Inequality
- Open Rivers Podcast on diversity and barriers in agriculture with Dr. LakIsha Odom
- Diversify Tech
- Slack’s Erica Baker On Hiring A Head Of Diversity And The Need For Inclusion In Tech